When I was expecting my first baby over 3 years ago, I remember the excitement I felt when registering for my shower. There were so many neat baby products I felt like I could not live without. HA. HA.
If I only knew… That I wouldn’t need half the things I registered for. I wouln’t need the baby sleep/feeding timer alarm thing, or the 50 bibs… I wish someone told me what I’m telling my expecting friend who asked me what she should register for… Diapers, diapers, and more diapers. Oh, and wipes.
Other things that I recommend:
1. A co sleeper if you want to co sleep but don’t want baby in your bed. This was a life saver with baby #2.
2. A nursing cover. I could not have lived without mine.
3. Nursing pads. Trust me, you’ll need these. I like the reusable kind. Also related: a good nipple cream (they’ll most likely be irritated) and cabbage. Yep, cabbage. It feels amazing on engored swollen breasts.
4. A baby carrier. I like to call myself a baby wearing queen. I absolutely can not even begin to describe how wonderful baby wearing has made the past 3 years of my life. I wore Kian constantly, up until he was around 2. I loved it, he loved it, it makes life easier. I own about 10 different ones, but my favorites are:
~Baby Hawk or other mei tai.
~Ergo with infant insert. The most comfortable carrier in my opinion.
~Maya Wrap, or other ring sling. I recommend a padded one for comfort. This is hands down the most versatile for me. It fits in my bag, easy to put on, and you can nurse discreetly.
~I don’t recommend a Baby Bjorn. They hurt. I do recommend a wrap like a Moby for the infant stage. Extremely comfortable and creates a womb like environment for baby. It’s a little tricky to put on, but with some practice, you’ll be able to do it quite quickly.
A website I love that has great sales on carriers: Attached to Baby.
5. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets. The most comfortable, lightweight swaddle blankets I’ve seen. They are adorable and you can use them as regular blankets later on.
So that’s it: Sher’s top recommendations for expecting moms:)
These are all my opinion of course and from my experience things I absolutely could not live without.
What are some things you couldn’t have done without?